Half-moon necklace (Gold)

01 February 2008

Another handmade project of mine.
Got the pattern from a book found in Bugis Junction's Kinokuniya book store.

I had a super hard time getting the beads I want and in the end, I STILL did not manage to located all the beads I wanted and had to settle for 'alternatives'.

I kinda hate having to settle of alternatives but oh well.
At least the necklace turned out really chic.
Only downside is that I'll probably switch to buying the metal parts (T-pins/9-pins/clasp etc) from another shop than the one I went to.

The quality seems lousier and in just ONE day, the gold turned brownish rust colour.
shit.

I brought the necklace to office to show some of my colleagues and surprise surprise,
I've got an order. hahaha

but i'll probably leave it till after CNY before I start working on it.

For the one I made for myself, since it's my first time trying out this pattern, it tooked me quite awhile to get it done up to my satisfaction. I probably dismantled it AT LEAST thrice cos I wasn't too happy with the results.

ended up sitting in the same spot for more than 4 hours making it hahahaha

0 comments: